Social Networks

Back to website

Monday, August 01, 2005

Monday's Musings

Well, it was a whirlwind trip to Reno for the RWA National convention. And a fun one. I think I accomplished all I set out to do. It's amazing how much one can find to do at a national convention, from workshops, to networking with old friends from other states, to parties, receptions, more parties, and an added bonus for those of us who indulge, a bit of gambling. I want to say hello to the Wheel of Fortune machine. We sort of bonded -- that machine never let me down. But enough of that.

I have to say that there were several highlights for me. Meeting my new editor and having dinner so that we may get to know each other was definitely one. Hi, Jessica! And meeting so many of my fellow Desire and Historical authors that I hadn't before, was another plus. Sharing a room and time with my friends, Debbie and Tanya, rated high up there. And seeing my good friend Barbara Macauley win her first RITA was definitely another. The champagne flowed at our Chapter Suite after that -- all of our OCC friends celebrated Barbara's win.

Then there were the great speeches by Debbie Macomber, who made us cry and Susan Elizabeth Phillips, who made us howl with laughter. Late nights were a must, I didn't want to miss anything. I hardly slept. Hardly at all. So, today I'm going to try to get some writing done, before exhaustion kicks in. No, that's not right. I'm going to fight through the exhaustion to try to get something accomplished today.

Like Lightning hit #6 on the Waldenbooks Bestseller list. Now, that's enough inspiration to keep me plugging along. I couldn't be more pleased.
More tomorrow about Reno ...

No comments: