Social Networks

Back to website

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Tuesday's Tidbits

Tuesdays are my favorite days. I usually have the day to myself, with no outside work. Did I mention that I teach baby care and childbirth classes two nights a week at a local hospital and have for the past twenty years? I love the work and usually spend Monday and Thursday nights at the hospital teaching. So for me, Tuesday is more of a play day. Oh, yes, I always have some writing to do, but that's a given. And it doesn't count. By the afternoon, I'm free to do something fun if I want to, or run my errands and I'm not on a timetable for dinner either. We can eat early or late, doesn't matter. I don't have any place to be.

In the fall, my Tuesday mornings are designated for my all-girls bowling league. I've been doing that for ten years plus and will probably bowl with a cane when the time comes. It's a way for me to get together with my dearest friends and my sister for a few hours of fun. And we're good. We won first place this year!

So today is Tuesday and I've done my writing for the day. I'm having lunch at the beach with my daughter. It'll be great to get out of the 100 degree heat in the valley and of course, spending time with Nikki is always one of my favorite things to do. I'm wondering if any of you have favorite days? And how do you spend those days?

2 comments:

Cheryl St.John said...

Well, there's something I didn't know abut you, Charlene! A bowler! Who knew? I was on two leagues per week when my kids were little--I even bowled pregnant! Those were fun days with the girls, and you reminded me of them. We don't even have our bowling balls any more.

I try to make my summer fun days on a Thursday or a Friday, because those are garage sale days. LOL In winter it's thrift stores and flea markets. My six-year-old grandson has been a great garage sale partner this summer. He helps me find the signs and he's extremely patient. Of course he wants to find sales with boys' stuff and then he's delighted. He looks through every last single solitary box and item, but he's selective. He won't buy just anything. Last week it was a Sponge Bob decorator pillow. The week before a space shuttle that his Lego guys fit inside. And tomorrow is...the last Friday left before school starts.

Guess what we'll be doing?
Cher :-)

Charlene Sands said...

Cher-- You're a bowler too? A bowler from the past, that is! It's a great way to keep up friendships. Believe or not, my sister lives only three blocks away, but often times, it's the only time a week I see her.

And I'm envious of your garage shopping excursions with your grandson. What fun and what great memories you're creating!