Social Networks

Back to website

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Tuesday's Tidbits

About Reno ... I would love to know what those of you who went felt was the absolute highlight of your trip to the conference. Whether published or unpubbed, what was the one or two things that stuck in your mind, and made you glad you actually spent the $$ to go?

For me, there were many memorable things, like spending time with ladies on my Hussy and Desire loop, that I hardly ever get to see. Susan Elizabeth Phillips' workshop couldn't have been more funny -- what a concept, to learn about the craft while she makes you laugh. Her workshops are always SRO. And she's worth it. I loved meeting my new editor and speaking with my past editors, all very hard-working nice ladies. And I loved seeing friends like Mary Burton, Terri Brisbin and Barbara Macauley nominated for the Rita. The ceremony was very entertaining but went way loooong. Seeing Barbara win made the day!

I know I'm forgetting some other highlights, but my brain is mush right now. And I actually have to get back to my manuscript and write! Feel free to add to my list of highlights. I'd love to know what made your conference special and worthwhile. Until tomorrow ... keep writing and reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carlene,

I had many highlight to this year's RWA Conference. The first on my list was winning the "Suitcase of Desire" basket at the literacy signing. Thank you so much to you and your fellow Desire authors for putting all those great books and prizes together. As soon as I finish writing all my thank you notes and sending partials out to agents and editors I've contacted, I can get back to my writing and dig into all the great reads.

Thanks again,
Sandy Levin

Charlene Sands said...

Sandy,

I'm so pleased that you won! That suitcase was packed to overflowing! I wondered if you had room on the plane and if the weight was prohibitive? Enjoy and good luck with your proposals. I wish we could have met in person. Maybe next time!
Charlene