Social Networks

Back to website

Thursday, March 16, 2006

American Idol - Predictions

Okay, I admit I LOVE this show. I'm addicted. Each year, it's something different, but the same. I don't know if the talent is that much better this year than last, as the judges like you to believe as they hype their show, but it's definitely more diverse. Honestly, I don't do reality shows. But I've always loved the competitive edge to shows about real, raw talent. I used to watch Star Search all the time and I think of Idol as the a more contemporary version of that show.

So here's my predictions: I think there's really three top performers, and many that are very, very good. Mandisa can sing anything. She's a joy to watch. She has vocals that remind me of Aretha Franklin, the power and soulful strength of her voice. I also think Chris is fabulous. He too, picks the songs that suit him and he's got a great style and wonderful voice. And Katherine, has it all. She's got the Idol look, a very clear strong voice and is very likeable. Even Simon thinks she reminds him of Kelly Clarkson. So, those are my picks for the top three. I don't know who'll win, but hey, last year I did pick Carrie Underwood. And she won!

But Ace, Kelly, Paris and Taylor are all so good, in both their personalities and their style of singing. I wish them all well. It takes guts and confidence to do what they're doing. Anybody agree or disagree with my predictions? Who's your favorite?

No comments: