Social Networks

Back to website

Monday, March 20, 2006

Montana

As I'm writing Fortune's Vengeful Groom my March 2007 continuity, I'm finding myself extremely interested in Montana. My story primarily takes place in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, but my hero whisks our heroine off for a day trip to his new estate in Montana. The research has been fun and interesting and I'm finding that, because I also write historicals, there's so much American history there. The area I'm writing about is the same as the movie, Legends of the Fall, so you get an idea about Big Sky Country. What's amazing to me is that there's fewer people living in the entire state, than there is in Los Angeles. I think they have just about a million people in the whole of Montana.
They have no idea about traffic jams! And the scenery there is amazing ... from blue skies and vast prairies to snowcapped mountains. I only hope I do the scenes justice as I write about that area.

And thanks to my friend and Harlequin Hussy, Gail Ranstrom, for her advice and insights about Montana, a place she has frequented many times. It's always nice to hear it from the source! See, not all my research comes off the internet!

No comments: