Social Networks

Back to website

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I have a floor!

Yes, I do. I have a new kitchen floor and it's beautiful. Now, who'd think anyone would get excited about a new floor? Certainly not me, but after walking around all month on broken up cement, gray and dingy, not to mention how hard it is on feet accustomed to going barefoot, I'm overjoyed. My dear hubby is amazing. He laid it down, took him all week, but he knew this was it. He kept saying "This is the last one I'm doing." And unless we're hit with another earthquake, God Forbid, this will be our final floor. This time we got it right and he did a great job. I love the big squares of stone, the way it feels under my feet, the smooth texture and most of all, how it brings all of our hard work together to make the kitchen look, finally, complete.

No comments: