Social Networks

Back to website

Monday, March 27, 2006

Reading an Author I've Never Read Before

I love writing, but as rule lately, because of my deadlines and other writing business, I've stopped reading as much as I like to. I really miss it. So sometimes, I reward myself by getting a goal and once I reach that goal, I allow myself guilt-free time to read! And I've made a pact with myself to try to read a book from an author I've never read before.

There are so many authors I would love to read. To tell you how behind I am, I picked up this book before Christmas and set it on my nightstand, thinking that at the next opportunity, I'd read that book. But then, I needed to read some books for research, my friend handed me a book I simply had to read from one of my old standbys, and I'm trying to keep up on THE ELLIOTTS from Desire so when my book comes out in June, Heiress Beware, I'll be all caught up. So, there sat this book titled Jaime, from Lori Foster. No, I'd never read Lori before and I was determined to read this book.

And now, I'm enthralled with the story and I'm setting aside some time today to sit down with a cup of coffee and really get into it. After blogging and reading my emails, that's exactly what I plan to do. Oh, and did I mention, this will be a guilt-free read? I faxed in my Author Alterations for my Aug and Sept books, finished a scene I'd been working on for Fortune's Vengeful Groom and have the morning to myself! What a nice way to start a Monday.


Be sure to enter my contest ending this Friday! You'll love the prizes this time!

1 comment:

Cheryl St.John said...

I do the same thing, putting books on my night stand to get to them next. Right now there are two stacks teetering nearly as high as the lamp base!