Social Networks

Back to website

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Kitchen Update

Oh, yes ... the kitchen. It's halfway there and I'll admit, I do love it so far. It's been almost 4 weeks of no appliances, of eating out or bringing in, and I'm hoping the end is near. I really DO miss cooking. The maple cabinets are gorgeous, but there's a few that need replacing. That will take some time --no biggee, at least I've restocked all my shelves and everything's ready to go. The granite was done in record time -- one week from the picking out of, to the installation and that was amazing. IT'S amazing. So pretty and the best thing of all, NO MORE UGLY GROUT! But the appliances that were scheduled for Sunday, didn't come -- a snafu that wasn't pleasant. They are due on Thursday and then I'll be cooking again. New floors will be in on the weekend (done expertly by dear talented hubby) and then wall tiles, painting and repairs. I figure by next Thanksgiving we'll have it all done. No, Kidding! It seems like I've been dealing with this kitchen since last Thanksgiving though. Enough is enough. I'm ready and hoping this kitchen will serve me as well as the original one did - twenty years of fine service. At least!

No comments: