Social Networks

Back to website

Friday, April 15, 2005

Friday's Finds

It's Friday already. The week flew by and I missed a post or two. It's good to get back. And talk about the value of doing something for the community. Yesterday I donated part of my day to teach middle school children how to do Adult CPR. In my other life, that's what I do. I teach Baby Care, Childbirth and Pediatric CPR, mostly at my local hospital two nights a week. The rest of my work time is dedicated to writing. But I love being out in the community and hope to do more and more to help educate others. I've been a high school mentor and that was an eye-opening experience for me. And I've done some other charity work, but as I get older and maybe wiser, I find that I want to give back to the community I live in. I've thought about and have been invited to work for a hospice organization. Those people are live-savers for the families taking care of their ill loved ones. I know when we used their services, it was a blessing to our family.

But back to the middle school kids. They were great for the most part and they learned how to save a life. Hopefully, they won't have to use what we've taught them, but at least they know how to call 911 and start CPR giving the victim a much better chance of survival. Tap and shout, call 911 and begin CPR. Just a reminder!

No comments: