Social Networks

Back to website

Thursday, April 07, 2005

THURSDAY'S THOUGHTS

Right now I'm contemplating the importance of naming your characters. It seems when you start a new project, you need to find the right name to fit each and every character or the image in your head of that person, won't fit. It's amazing how that works, but it's true. And today, I had to set up some new characters. Drawing a blank, I went to my THE BEST NAME FOR YOUR BABY book. While sometimes, the names of your hero and heroine jump out at you, often times, that doesn't always hold true. And then you find ways to locate the name that fits the personality. I've used baby name books, gone to professional rodeo websites, when doing cowboys and when really desperate I pause the credits at the end of a movie for good first and last names to use in my story. Sometimes, I get a good feel for the main characters, the hero and heroine, but those pesky secondary characters needs names too and they also must fit your image of them. So, if there's any other tricks in naming your characters, please send them along. Those baby name books don't have them all!

2 comments:

Silma said...

Oh, I agree with you. *g* I can't move forward and write the story without naming my characters first. For me, I need the name and last name to somehow pull me to them. They have to sound "perfect." And having the Moon in Virgo makes me a living perfectionist. *lol*

Anonymous said...

Hot And Nude Velebs, Oops Celebs, Sex Tapes, Celebs Boobs And Pussy, Movies Scenes, Paparazzi Photos And Movies, And Many More. [url=http://www.articlestrip.com/looking-for-a-nude-model-for-your-shoot.htm]www.articlestrip.com[/url]