Social Networks

Back to website

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Tuesday's Tidbits

I'm still thinking about the high school baseball game I went to yesterday, where my nephew, Eric pitched almost perfectly against their longtime rival team. It's amazing how good the players on both teams were, this match up being the game of the week and televised. The atmosphere amongst a huge crowd was one of a championship game, though this game is the first of three that the two rivals will play. And as I watched the replay on television last night, I kept hoping that one of the seven players who reached base, would magically get that much needed run to tie the game in the last inning. Silly. I know THAT could never happen, but I'm such a big baseball fan and a bigger fan of my nephew, who I know is headed for great things. A loss of 1-0 is hard to take on a pitcher who held the rival team to almost five scoreless innings. But no one's at fault and someone had to lose. Too bad it was our team. I know I should be thinking about writing, and get down to business, but that will come later. Right now, I'm still reading the newspaper articles and remembering a very memorable game.

No comments: