Social Networks

Back to website

Friday, April 29, 2005

Friday's Finds

What I'm finding today -- in Friday's Finds, is that there isn't enough time in the day. It's the same old thing I've struggled with in the past. Sometimes I think I'm spinning my wheels, yet I do get a lot accomplished. It's seems that with the creative and business end of writing, I could spend 24 hours a days working, and still have something more to accomplish. It's what I love and what I hate about the process. For one, there's always something to do. There's always another page to write, another chapter to edit, research to be done and rewrites, of course. These are things I love. I love the actual process. But then we have our email to go through and respond to, a valuable and enjoyable source. I've managed to curtail my loops to ten, and believe me, I could be a part of one hundred. So on any given day, I might receive fifty to eighty emails -- mostly important stuff I need to know. And then there's the upkeep on my website which I've turned over to a professional. She does a great job, but I have to provide the text, the changes, send in the pics, the cover art, etc. Yesterday a great deal of my time was spent working on that, along with making contacts to get my latest release LIKE LIGHTNING reviewed. I'm planning on running some ads as well on online sites. All necessary, all time-consuming and all that takes away from writing. So I figure there will be days when I feel like I'm am just spinning my wheels, but then there are those wonderful times, when the entire day can be devoted to writing.

No comments: