Social Networks

Back to website

Monday, July 11, 2005

Monday's Musings

It was a whirlwind weekend but lots of fun. Our OCC meeting went well, with Joan Johnston giving great tips for new and established authors. She was very generous in sharing information about her writing life and how she dealt with editors and agents along the way. We did an informal Pitch An Author session before the meeting that I coordinated. I have to say that we had a great turnout of OCC writers coming in to practice the "pitches" they will do before an editor in Reno, at our National Convention. We listened and gave feedback as to how they might improve their pitch and what seemed to work well. I'm happy to say the session was a success. I did a booksigning at our meeting for LIKE LIGHTNING, which is always fun -- giving away all my goodies, magnets, bookmarks and pens. And then it was off to a graduation party for my close friend's daughter. Sunday was a family BBQ where we celebrated my birthday (yes, I'm still having those but I find that mystically, I've lost track of my age) . I was treated very well by my hubby and close family members. When the CA sun subsided some we went out to play Bocci Ball, an old Italian family game, a little like bowling, but not quite. We had decadent cake and ice cream and by 10 PM I fell into bed. Even our kitty Skittles wouldn't dare wake me this morning. I needed a full night's sleep so I could be "fresh" to continue my work on CAROLINE'S MAN FRIDAY, the newest Desire I'm contracted to write. Off I go ...

No comments: