Social Networks

Back to website

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Thursday's Thoughts

I had great news today. My editor emailed to say that I'm approved for my most-fun-to-date historical story, Shanghaied Groom. The story was due back in May, but because of many delays, I've only just heard from the senior editor. Which means, now I'm on two deadlines. I've done this before ... once. And it actually wasn't too bad writing a contemporary story and doing an historical at the same time. I just have to make sure that I keep names, hair and eye color in check. I'm not one for lists, but this time, I plan to make up a list so I don't confuse my characters. Oh and I just realized that my heros' names are close. Sam and Shane. That could be a problem. I'll have to check and double check. In the past, I've worked on one story for a few days, then shifted back to the other. Or, I've worked on one in the AM and the other in the PM. I'm not sure how I'll work this one, but honestly, I have such a busy, busy weekend, the Janet Evanovich book is calling my name so I doubt I'll get too involved until after my visit to Reno and the national convention. Then, it's back to work ... with a vengeance!

2 comments:

Cheryl St.John said...

Congrats on the go-ahead for the story! If you're having fun with it, it's sure to be awesome!

I just finished LIKE LIGHTNING and thoroughly enjoyed Trey and Maddie's story.

Keep up the good work!

Cher :-)

Charlene Sands said...

Thanks Cheryl!!

Trey and Maddie are a great couple and they were fun to write. I have another such couple in Shanghaied Groom that fall into the same category. Dorie McCabe is a tomboy and quite a handful for the older, wiser Shane.
I'm enjoying them and all their antics.