Social Networks

Back to website

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Wednesday's Words

It's time to do my copyedits for my Feb 06 book, Renegade Wife. It's amazing how much I've forgotten about my stories once I turn them in and move on to something new. The copyediting process has you really reading every single word and it's great to see when you get a light copyedit, meaning you've sent in a pretty clean copy AND your editor trusts you enough not to change much in the text. It's makes the process easier and quite frankly, if they didn't give a rush deadline of having it back when I'm in RENO, then I'd have to say I don't mind them. But TPTB need these edits done before the end of July, which means I have to devote all my writing time to them. It's amazing how you wait and wait and wait, and then once they begin making your story into a book, everything has to be done yesterday.
Well, I'm off... more reading and editing to do. But I do love this historical. It's perhaps the most witty and best researched story I've ever done. If I can toot my own horn, here. Toot. Toot.

3 comments:

Cheryl St.John said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheryl St.John said...

You're exactly right, Char! Most times it seems we hurry up to wait in this business, doesn't it?

What's the working title of this historical? I'll look forward to it! Nothing better than when that story is flowing. Hope the entire thing is a breeze for you.

Have a great time in Reno. have some chocolate for me at the Harlequin party, and take good notes!!

Smooooooch!
Cheryl StJ :-)

Anonymous said...

- Thanks for this great post. You've got some really good info in your blog. If you get a chance, you can check out my blog on
{gas ovens} at http://www.gasovenscheap.com


Mary Anne Martin
http://www.gasovenscheap.com