Social Networks

Back to website

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Tuesday's Tidbits

The last minute "stuff" I have to get done before my trip to Reno is mind-boggling. And yes, the RWA National Convention isn't until the end of the month, two weeks from now exactly, but there's so much to do and I find that I'm making lists and rethinking my wardrobe, fretting over small stuff while I try to pace myself. Each day I try to accomplish something significant. Yesterday, my friends and I changed our travel plans and that took the better part of the day trying to coordinate. Now, I have the task of cancelling the old plans, taking clothes to the dry cleaners to make sure they are ready to go, decide whether I need new luggage or borrow from my daughter's new set.

I write for two lines and each line has decided to run a contest during the Literary Signing on Wednesday night -- it's a great cause and I love participating, but that means remembering all kinds of "stuff" again, like extra books, magnets, bookmarks and this year I hope to have my guests sign a book so that they might be included in my newsletters. A guestbook I have yet to buy. Little things. But they add up. And our OCC Chapter is running a contest also, so I'll have three in all -- it's a good way to meet people and interact but again, if I don't stay focused, use my lists, I'm gonna get confused real quick.

It's a challenge for those four days just to show up in the right place at the right time, dressed appropriately! I think the stress factor is kicking in already. I woke up extremely early this morning, thinking and rethinking all the things I need to do, hoping I don't forget something! I know it sounds like a hassle, no fun at all, but going to convention is usually the highlight of my professional career. It's a blast really, once you get there, with your clothes, notes and MIND intact. Then you can kick back and have a good time. It's the "getting there" that's the problem.

No comments: