Social Networks

Back to website

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Wednesday's Words

Ever notice how we set mental priorities? I know I always do. I'm pretty disciplined in my approach to my craft and to life in general. At times, being so disciplined can get a little bit ... tense. So once in a while, I let myself go and give in to what I REALLY want to do, rather than do what I know I must. There aren't too many things that get me to change my priorities. Except yesterday, when a friend of mine handed me Janet Evanovich's 11th Stephanie Plum novel, I knew I'd be rearranging my priorities today. Even though the copyedits are finished and I should be working on the Desire that I just sold, I'm going to give myself a break, sit down with a cup of coffee and read! I started the book last night, but after a full day, I couldn't keep my eyes open as long as I would have liked -- all night. But I knew this morning, I'd be up early and reading. Like I said, there aren't too many things that can get me to change my plans. Reading a Stephanie Plum novel is one of them. I'm afraid I'm woefully addicted and hey, we only get one per year. So I'm off now ... with coffee in hand to read.

No comments: