Social Networks

Back to website

Friday, March 18, 2005

Friday's Finds

I'm watching too much television. I never used to. I used to sit down at night and read a book, but I find that I spend too much time during the day working at the computer, writing or editing, that at night, I'm ready to settle down on the sofa and simply relax. I think another reason I'm watching more TV now is that I've found some great shows to watch. Being an "over" forty female, I love Desperate Housewives. The show surprised me and I really expected much less, but it's so much more, with elements of intrigue, humor and real human emotion, even though it's completely zany at times. Another show that I love - another one that completely surprised me is Lost. I expected a serious Gilligan's Island. A group of travelers stranded on an island? What could the writers do with that? Boy, was I wrong. Each story is unique and different and we learn about one character's back story, what brought them to that point in their life during a series of well-done flashbacks, mixed in with what's happening on the island that episode. It all neatly ties in at the end. So, for now, I guess I'm hooked on some good TV. Never got into reality shows. But I never miss American Idol. :)

No comments: