Social Networks

Back to website

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Wednesday's Words

The book is done! The book is done! It's always a great feeling when the story is finished and you have a good feeling about it. Now, on to proofreading and edits. Usually, that part of the work is minimal, because of the way I write. I don't do drafts. I write the scene, and go over it until I'm completely satisfied before I move on. So, usually the scene is pretty clean, without a lot of grammatical errors and/or omissions of words and misspellings. I always read through the entire book in one sitting to make sure the story flows. On a short contemp it usually takes about 3-4 hours. On a longer historical, it might take me two sittings, since it might take as long as 6-7 hours to get through the whole story. I'm looking forward to moving onto the next project now and the excitement flows when I begin something new.

No comments: