Social Networks

Back to website

Monday, March 07, 2005

Monday's Musings

It's getting close to the time when I wrap up my latest book, HEIRESS BEWARE. I've been steaming along, growing my characters, setting up my scenes for the final two chapters where my hero/heroine face their toughest challenges. It's the time in the book where I have to look back and make sure I tie up all loose ends. I've made mental notes, thinking of all the things that need "finishing" or "polishing" or points I want to drive home in these last few scenes. Then I work an outline, with brief notes about what has to happen in upcoming scenes. Most of this I do on instinct, a feeling I get of what's right for the story and what's not. It's taxing but fun mostly, because just like the reader, the writer craves to see a satisfying ending to their story. I want my characters to hold true, to be believable in why and how they finally get together in the end, while all during the story I've been pressing points to all reasons why they shouldn't and couldn't fall in love. It's probably the most challenging part of the writing process, to make sure everything finally fits and all's well that end's well.

No comments: