Social Networks

Back to website

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Thursday's Thoughts

I seem to drop the ball on Thursday. It must be the approach to the end of the week and getting caught up on all my tasks, that keeps me from posting. So, here I am with Thursday's Thoughts. I've been working all morning on a Desire proposal, getting a feel for the characters, their likes and dislikes, their personalities and mainly, deciding and creating the conflict that will spur the story on. It's always a challenge, one that I enjoy. But I tend to lose myself in the story and time flies. This story is a departure from the cowboy/small town story I love to write. It's set in Malibu and revolves around a playboy type CEO of a large company. Talk about a challenge. The only part of this story that's easy for me is the location. I'm a beach goer and spend a lot of time in the area, knowing the different restaurants, street names etc. That part is easy, it's developing a hero without a twang in his voice, who isn't around horses and a ranch, that keep me up at night. Looking back, only two of my earlier stories, the Precious Gems, were about someone other than a small town rancher type. I guess we all know where my heart truly lies!

No comments: